KIA Niro: Closing the hood
KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual / Features of your vehicle / Hood / Closing the hood
(Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- Before closing the hood, check the following:
- All filler caps in the engine compartment must be correctly installed.
- Gloves, rags or any other combustible material must be removed from the engine compartment.
- Lower the hood until it is about 30 cm (12 inches) above the closed position and let it drop. Make sure that it locks into place.
- Check that the hood has engaged properly.
- If the hood can be raise slightly, it is not properly engaged.
- Open it again and close it with a little more force.
- Before closing the hood, ensure that all obstructions are removed from the hood opening. Closing the hood with an obstruction present in the hood opening may result in property damage or severe personal injury.
- Do not leave gloves, rags or any other combustible material in the engine compartment. Doing so may cause a heat-induced fire.
- Always double check to be sure that the hood is firmly latched before driving away. If it is not latched, the hood could open while the vehicle is being driven, causing total loss of visibility, which might result in an accident.
- Do not move the vehicle with the hood raised. The view will be blocked and the hood could fall or be damaged.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual