KIA Niro: Opening the fuel filler door
- Fuel filler door
- Fuel tank cap
- Turn the engine off.
- Ensure all the doors are unlocked.
- Press the rear center edge to open the fuel filler door (1).
- Remove the fuel tank cap (2) by turning it counterclockwise.
- Place the cap on the fuel filler door.
Before refueling, be sure to check what type of fuel is used for your vehicle.
If you put diesel fuel into a gasolinepowered vehicle or gasoline into a diesel- powered vehicle, it may affect the fuel system and cause serious damage to the vehicle.
The fuel filler door will unlock when driver's door is unlocked.
To unlock fuel filler door:
- Press the unlock button on your smart key.
- Press the central door unlock button on armrest trim of driver's door.
- Pull the driver's inside door handle outward.
The fuel filler door will lock when all doors are locked.
To lock fuel filler door:
- Press the lock button on your smart key.
- Press the central door lock button on armrest trim of driver's door.
* All doors will automatically lock after the vehicle speed exceeds 15 km/h (9.3 mph). Fuel door is also locked when vehicle speed exceeds 15 km/ h (9.3 mph).
If the fuel filler door does not open because ice has formed around it, tap lightly or push on the door to break the ice and release the door. Do not pry on the door. If necessary, spray around the door with an approved deicer fluid (do not use radiator antifreeze) or move the vehicle to a warm place and allow the ice to melt
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual