KIA Niro: Stopping vehicle and ending brake control
A: Drive carefully
- When the vehicle is stopped due to emergency braking, the warning message will appear on the cluster.
- Brake control will end after the vehicle is stopped by emergency braking for approximately 2 seconds.
- During emergency braking, braking control by Rear Cross-Traffic Collision- Avoidance Assist will automatically cancel when the driver excessively depresses the brake pedal.
- For your safety, change the Settings after parking the vehicle at a safe location.
- If any other system's warning message is displayed or audible warning is generated, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision- Avoidance Assist's warning message may not be displayed and audible warning may not be generated.
- You may not hear the warning sound of Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist if the surrounding is noisy.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist may not operate if the driver applies the brake pedal to avoid collision.
- During Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-
Avoidance Assist operation, the vehicle may stop suddenly injuring
and shifting loose objects.
Always have the seat belt on and keep loose objects secured.
- Even if there is a problem with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, the vehicle's basic braking performance will operate properly.
- When Rear Cross-Traffic Collision- Avoidance Assist is operating, braking control by function will automatically cancel when the driver excessively depresses the accelerator pedal.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist does not operate in all situations or cannot avoid all collisions.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist may warn the driver late or may not warn the driver depending on the road and driving conditions.
- The driver should hold the responsibility to control the vehicle. Do not solely depend on Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist. Rather, maintain a safe braking distance, and if necessary, depress the brake pedal to reduce driving speed or to stop the vehicle.
- Never deliberately operate Rear
Assist on people, animal, objects, etc.
It may cause serious injury or death.
The brake control may not operate properly depending on the status of ESC (Electronic Stability Control).
There will only be a warning when:
- The ESC (Electronic Stability Control) warning light is on
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) is engaged in a different function
- If braking is assisted by Rear Cross- Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, the driver must immediately depress the brake pedal and check vehicle surroundings.
- After shifting the gear to R (Reverse), braking control will operate once for left and right vehicle approach.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual