KIA Niro: How to connect
Outdoor (if equipped)
- Open the cover of the V2L connector.
- Close the cover after connecting home appliances and electronic products to the power outlet.
- Connect the V2L connector to the charging hole on the vehicle.
- Press the switch (A) of the V2L connector and check whether the light (B) is on or off. The light (B) may not turn on normally when:
- See the battery discharging limit for high voltage battery for driving in Energy consumption menu on the screen. If it is higher than the current amounts of high voltage battery, the light (B) does not turn on.
- Check whether the light of V2L connector or indoor power outlet turns on or not.
- If the warning message for V2L appears on the cluster, refer to "LCD display messages".
- If V2L does not operate previously when you connects another home appliances, we recommend to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Press the switch (A) to turn off the light (B) the V2L will be off. You can disconnect the V2 connector when the light (B) turns off or the charging door lock is deactivated pressing the door unlock button on the smart key.
Indoor (if equipped)
- Connect to the power outlet located in bottom of the rear seat with the EV button in the ON (READY) position.
- Use the mechanical key to unlock the power outlet cover.
- Check the operation status through the front indicator of the power outlet.
- Blue: Standby
- Red: No power supply even the power outlet is connected
- Green: Normal power supply through the normal connection of the power outlet.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual