KIA Niro: Outside rear view mirror
Adjusting the outside rear view mirror
- Move the outside rear view mirror switch (1) to select the left or right side of the mirror.
- Adjust the mirror adjustment control (2) to move the selected mirror.
- The outside rear view mirror is convex.
Objects seen in the mirror are closer than they appear.
- Use your interior rear view mirror or direct observation to determine the actual distance of following vehicles when changing lanes.
- Do not adjust or fold the outside rear
view mirrors while the vehicle is moving.
This could result in loss of control, and an accident which could cause DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, or property damage.
- Do not scrape ice off the mirror face; this may damage the surface of the glass. If ice should restrict the movement of the mirror, do not force the mirror for adjustment. To remove ice, use a deicer spray, or a sponge or soft cloth with warm water.
- If the mirror is jammed with ice, do not adjust the mirror by force. Use an approved spray de-icer (not radiator antifreeze) to release the frozen mechanism or move the vehicle to a warm place and allow the ice to melt.
- The mirrors stop moving when they reach the maximum adjusting angles, but the motor continues to operate while the switch is pressed. Do not press the switch longer than necessary, the motor may be damaged.
- Do not attempt to adjust the outside rear view mirror by hand. Doing so may damage the parts.
Folding the outside rear view mirror
Manual type (if equipped)
- Grasp the housing of the mirror and fold it toward the rear of the vehicle.
Electric type (if equipped)
- Press the button to fold or unfold the mirror.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual