KIA Niro: Resetting the sunroof
In some circumstances resetting the sunroof operation may need to be performed.
Some instances where resetting the sunroof may be required include:
- When the 12-volt battery is either disconnected or discharged
- When the sunroof fuse is replaced
- If the sunroof one-touch AUTO OPEN/ CLOSE operation is not functioning properly
Sunroof resetting procedure:
- It is recommended to perform the reset procedure with the vehicle engine running. Start the vehicle in P (Park).
- Make sure the sunroof glass is in the fully closed position. If the sunroof glass is open, push the switch forward until the sunroof glass is fully closed.
- Release the switch when the sunroof glass is fully closed.
- Push the switch forward until the sunroof glass moves slightly. Then release the switch.
- Once again push and hold the sunroof
switch forward until the sunroof
glass slides open and close. Do not
release the switch until the operation
If you release the switch during operation, start the procedure again from step 2.
If the sunroof does not reset when the vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged, or the sunroof fuse is blown, the sunroof may not operate normally.
Sunroof open warning
If the driver turns off the engine when the sunroof is not fully closed, the warning chime will sound for several seconds and the sunroof open warning will appear on the cluster LCD display.
Close the sunroof securely when leaving your vehicle.
Make sure the sunroof is closed fully when leaving your vehicle. If the sunroof is left open, rain or snow may wet the interior of the vehicle.
Also, leaving the sunroof open when the vehicle is unattended may invite theft.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual