KIA Niro: Safe Exit Warning operation
Safe Exit Warning warns the following actions.
- Collision warning when exiting vehicle
Collision warning when exiting vehicle
A: Watch for traffic
The warning light on the side view mirror will blink and the warning message will appear on the cluster, and an audible warning will sound.
- Safe Exit Warning will warn under the following circumstances:
- Your driving speed: below 3 km/h (2 mph)
- The speed of the approaching vehicle from the rear: above 6 km/h (4 mph)
- For your safety, change the Settings after parking the vehicle at a safe location.
- If any other function's warning message is displayed or audible warning is generated, Safe Exit Warning warning message may not be displayed and audible warning may not be generated.
- You may not hear the warning sound of Safe Exit Warning if the surrounding is noisy.
- Safe Exit Warning does not operate in all situations or cannot prevent all collisions.
- Safe Exit Warning may warn the
driver late or may not warn the driver
depending and driving conditions.
Always check vehicle surroundings.
- The driver and passengers are responsible for accidents that occurs while exiting the vehicle. Always check the surroundings before you exit the vehicle.
- After the vehicle is turned off, Safe Exit Warning operates for approximately 3 minutes, but turns off immediately if the doors are locked.
- Images or colors may be displayed differently depends on the instrument cluster specifications or theme.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual