KIA Niro: Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist is designed to help detect and monitor approaching vehicles in the driver's blind spot area and warn the driver of a possible collision with a warning message and audible warning.
In addition, if there is a risk of collision when changing lanes or driving forward out of a parking space, Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist can help avoid a collision assisting with applying the brake.
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist helps detect and informs the driver that a vehicle is in the blind spot.
The detecting range may vary depending on the speed of your vehicle. Even if there is a vehicle in the blind spot area, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist may not warn you when you pass by at high speeds.
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist helps detect and informs the driver that a vehicle is approaching at high speed from the blind spot area.
Warning timing may vary depending on the speed of the vehicle approaching at high speed.
When you are driving forward out of a parking space, if Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist judges that there is a collision risk with an approaching vehicle in the blind spot, it can help avoid collision by applying the brake.
Rear corner radar
Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensors.
- Never disassemble the detecting sensor assembly, or cause any damage to it.
- If the detecting sensor or near the
sensor has been damaged or
impacted in any way, even though the
warning message does not appear on
the cluster, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance
Assist may not operate properly.
Have the function be inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- If the detecting sensors have been
replaced or repaired, have the vehicle
inspected by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Use only Kia Genuine Parts or those of an equivalent standard to repair the rear bumper where the rear corner radar is located.
- Do not apply license plate frame or objects, such as a bumper sticker, film or a bumper guard near the rear corner radar.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist may not work properly if the bumper have been replaced, or the surroundings of the rear corner radar has been damaged or paint has been applied.
- If a trailer, carrier, etc., is installed, it may adversely affect the performance of the rear corner radar or Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist may not operate.
- For more details on the precautions of the front view camera, refer to "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Front Camera Only) (if equipped)"
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist settings
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist operation
- Collision-avoidance assist (while departing)
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist malfunction and limitations
- Limitations of Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual