KIA Niro: Collision-avoidance assist (while departing)
A: Emergency braking
The warning light on the outside rear view mirror (side view mirror), head-up display (if equipped), an audible warning and the steering wheel vibration will warn the driver of a collision. It assists in braking control to prevent a collision with a vehicle approaching from the blind spot area.
Collision-Avoidance Assist will be activated in the following conditions.
- Your driving speed: Below 3 km/h (2 mph)
- Speed of the vehicle in your blind spot area: Above 5 km/h (3 mph)
A: Drive carefully
When the vehicle is stopped due to emergency braking, the warning message will appear on the cluster. For your safety, the driver should depress the brake pedal immediately and check the surroundings.
- Brake control will end after the vehicle is stopped by emergency braking for approximately 2 seconds.
- For your safety, change the Settings after parking the vehicle at a safe location.
- If any other function's warning message is displayed or audible warning is generated, Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist's warning message may not be displayed and audible warning may not be generated.
- You may not hear the warning sound of Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist if the surrounding is noisy.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist may not operate if the driver applies the brake pedal to avoid collision.
- When Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist is operating, braking control by the function will automatically cancel when the driver excessively depresses the accelerator pedal or sharply steers the vehicle.
- During Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist operation, the vehicle may stop suddenly injuring passengers and shifting loose objects. Always have the seat belt on and keep loose objects secured.
- Even if there is a problem with Blind- Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, the vehicle's basic braking performance will operate properly.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist does not operate in all situations or cannot avoid all collisions.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist may warn the driver late or may not warn the driver depending on the road and driving conditions.
- Driver should maintain control of the
vehicle at all times. Do not depend on
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist.
Maintain a safe braking distance, and if necessary, depress the brake pedal to reduce driving speed or to stop the vehicle.
- Never operate Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist on people, animal, objects, etc. It may cause serious injury or death.
The brake control may not operate properly depending on the status of ESC (Electronic Stability Control).
There will only be a warning when:
- The ESC (Electronic Stability Control) warning light is on
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) is engaged in a different function
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual