KIA Niro: Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist settings
A: Driver assistance
- Driving safety
- Blind-spot safety
With the vehicle on, touch Settings ? Driver Assistance ? Driving Safety on the instrument cluster or Settings ? Vehicle ? Driver assistance ? Blindspot safety on the infotainment system.
- Blind-spot safety: Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist will warn and braking assist will be applied depending on the collision risk levels.
A: Blind spot safety system is Off
When activating Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist or restarting the vehicle with this function activated, the warning light on the side mirrors will appear for approximately 3 seconds.
When the vehicle is restarted with Blind- Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist inactivated, the warning message will appear on the cluster.
If Blind-spot safety is deselected, the driver should always be aware of the surroundings and drive safely.
When the trailer is connected, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist automatically turns off (if equipped). In this case, you cannot get help from Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist. Always drive with care.
If the vehicle is restarted, Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist will maintain the last setting.
A: Driver assistance
- Warning volume
- Driving safety priority
With the vehicle on, touch Settings ? Driver Assistance ? Warning Volume on the instrument cluster or Settings ? Vehicle ? Driver assistance ? Driving safety ? Warning volume on the infotainment system to change the Warning volume to adjust the Warning volume levels; High, Medium, Low or Off.
If Driving safety priority is selected, the audio volume will temporarily decrease to warn the driver with the audible warning for safe driving.
- If you change the Warning volume, the Warning volume of other Driver Assistance systems may change.
- If Off is selected, steering wheel vibration will not turn off.
The setting of the Warning volume applies to all functions of Blind-Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual