KIA Niro: Charging connector lock
Locking charging cable
A: EV Settings
- Charging connector locking mode
- Always lock
- Lock while charging
You may select when the charging connector can be locked and unlocked in the charging inlet.
Select EV ? setting icon on the screen ? Charging connector locking mode in the infotainment system.
The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
When the charging connector is locked
Always lock mode
The connector locks when the charging connector is plugged into the charging inlet. The connector is locked until all doors are unlocked by the driver. This mode can be used to prevent charging cable theft.
- If the charging connector is unlocked when all doors are unlocked, but the charging cable is not disconnected within 15 seconds, the connector will be automatically locked again.
- If the charging connector is unlocked when all doors are unlocked, but all doors are locked again, immediately, the connector will be automatically locked again.
Lock while charging mode
The connector locks when charging starts. The connector unlocks when charging is complete. This mode can be used when charging in a public charging station.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual