KIA Niro: Curtain air bag
* The actual air bags in the vehicle may differ from the illustration.
Curtain air bags are located along both sides of the roof rails above the front and rear doors.
They are designed to help protect the heads of the front seat occupants and the rear seat occupants in certain side impact collisions.
The curtain air bags are designed to deploy during certain side impact collisions, depending on the crash severity.
The curtain air bags are not designed to deploy in all side impact situations, collisions from the front or rear of the vehicle or in most rollover situations.
- Failure to follow the instructions mentioned can result in injury or death to the vehicle occupants in an accident.
- Do not hang heavy items on the coat hooks for safety reasons.
- In order for side and curtain air
bags to provide the best protection,
both front seat occupants and both
outboard rear occupants should sit
in an upright position with the seat
belts properly fastened.
Importantly, children should sit in a proper child restraint system in the rear seat.
- When children are seated in the rear outboard seats, they must be seated in the proper child restraint system.
- Make sure to put the child restraint system as far away from the door side as possible, and secure the child restraint system in a locked position.
- Do not allow the passengers to lean their heads or bodies onto doors, put their arms on the doors, stretch their arms out of the window, or place objects between the doors and passengers when they are seated on seats equipped with side and/or curtain air bags.
- Never try to open or repair any components of the curtain air bag system. If necessary, have the system serviced by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Do not place any objects over the air bag. Also, do not attach any objects around the area the air bag inflates such as the door, side door glass, front and rear pillar, roof side rail.
- Do not hang hard or breakable objects on the clothes hanger.
If equipped with rollover sensor
Also, the air bags inflate instantly in the event of a rollover (if equipped with a side air bag or curtain air bag) in order to help protect the occupants from serious physical injury.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual