KIA Niro: Additional safety precautions
- Never let passengers ride in the cargo area or on top of a foldeddown back seat. All occupants should sit upright, fully back in their seats with their seat belts on and their feet on the floor.
- Passengers should not move out of or change seats while the vehicle is moving. A passenger who is not wearing a seat belt during a crash or emergency stop can be thrown against the inside of the vehicle, against other occupants, or out of the vehicle.
- Each seat belt is designed to restrain one occupant. If more than one person uses the same seat belt, they could be seriously injured or killed in a collision.
- Do not use any accessories on seat belts. Devices claiming to improve occupant comfort or reposition the seat belt can reduce the protection provided by the seat belt and increase the chance of serious injury in a crash.
- Passengers should not place hard or sharp objects between themselves and the air bags. Carrying hard or sharp objects on your lap or in your mouth can result in injuries if an air bag inflates.
- Keep occupants away from the air bag covers. All occupants should sit upright, fully back in their seats with their seat belts on and their feet on the floor. If occupants are too close to the air bag covers, they could be injured if the air bags inflate.
- Do not attach or place objects on or near the air bag covers. Any object attached to or placed on the front or side air bag covers could interfere with the proper operation of the air bags.
- Do not modify the front seats. Modification of the front seats could interfere with the operation of the supplemental restraint system sensing components or side air bags.
- Do not place items under the front seats. Placing items under the front seats could interfere with the operation of the supplemental restraint system sensing components and wiring harnesses.
- Never hold an infant or child on your lap. The infant or child could be seriously injured or killed in the event of a crash. All infants and children should be properly restrained in appropriate child safety seats or seat belts in the rear seat.
- Sitting improperly or out of position can cause occupants to be shifted too close to a deploying air bag, strike the interior structure or be thrown from the vehicle resulting in serious injury or death.
- Always sit upright with the seatback in an upright position, centered on the seat cushion with your seat belt on, legs comfortably extended and your feet on the floor.
Adding equipment to or modifying your air bag-equipped vehicle
If you modify your vehicle by changing your vehicle's frame, bumper system, front end or side sheet metal or ride height, this may affect the operation of your vehicle's air bag system.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual