KIA Niro: Fastening and releasing the seat belt
3-point system with emergency locking retractor
- To fasten the seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle (2).
- To release the seat belt, press the release button (1) in the locking buckle.
There will be an audible "click" when the tab locks into the buckle.
- Rear right seat belt fastening buckle
- Rear center seat belt fastening buckle (with the " CENTER " mark)
- Rear left seat belt fastening buckle
- You should place the lap belt portion
as low as possible and snugly across
your hips, not on your waist. If the lap
belt is located too high on your waist,
it may increase the chance of injury in
the event of a collision. Both arms
should not be under or over the belt.
Rather, one should be over and the other under, as shown in the illustration.
Never wear the seat belt under the arm near the door.
- Prior to fastening the rear seat belts, ensure the latch matches the seat belt buckle. Forcefully fastening the left or right seat belt to the center buckle can result in an improper fastening scenario that will not protect you in an accident.
Do NOT fold down the left portion of the rear seatback when the rear center seat belt is buckled. ALWAYS UNBUCKLE the rear center seat belt before folding down the left portion of the rear seatback. If the rear center seat belt is buckled when the left portion of the rear seatback is folded down, distortion and damage to the top portion of the seatback and seat belt garnish may result, causing the seatback to lock into the folded down position.
2-point system (rear center seat) (if equipped) (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- To fasten the seat belt:
- With a 2-point static type seat belt, the length must be adjusted manually so it fits snugly around your body. Fasten the belt and pull on the loose end to tighten it.
[A]: Shorten, [B]: Lengthen
- To fasten a 2-point static type belt, insert the metal tab (1) into the locking buckle (2).
- To release the seat belt, press the button (1) in the locking buckle.
- The belt should be placed as low as possible on your hips, not on your waist. If the belt is too high, it could increase the possibility of you being injured in an accident.
- When using the rear center seat belt, the buckle with the "CENTER" mark must be used.
Adjusting height of the shoulder belt
- Pull the height adjuster up (1).
- Press the height adjuster button (2) and push the height adjuster down (3).
- After a collision, the seat belt system should be inspected to ensure it is operating normally. Replace any belts that are not functioning appropriately.
- Verify the shoulder belt anchor is locked into position at the appropriate height. Never position the shoulder belt across your neck or face.
- Do not force to lock the left or right seat belt into the center seat belt buckle. Make sure to lock the rear center seat belt into the center seat belt buckle. If not, the improperly fastened seat belt will not be able to provide protection.
- When pulling out to wear the seat belt, the tongue should be slowly pulled out of the seat belt guide so that the seat belt guide does not come off the trim.
If you are not able to pull out the seat belt from the retractor, firmly pull the belt out and release it. Then you will be able to pull the belt out smoothly.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual