KIA Niro: Seat belts
Seat belts are designed to bear upon the bony structure of the body, and should be worn low across the front of the pelvis, chest and shoulders.
- For maximum restraint system protection, the seat belts must always be used whenever the car is moving.
- Seat belts are most effective when seatbacks are in the upright position.
- Children age 13 and younger must always be properly restrained in the rear seat. Never allow children to ride in the front passenger seat. If a child over 13 must be seated in the front seat, he/she must be properly belted and the seat should be moved as far back as possible.
- Never wear the shoulder belt under
your arm or behind your back. An
improperly positioned shoulder belt
can cause serious injuries in a crash.
The shoulder belt should be positioned midway over your shoulder across your collarbone.
- Never wear a seat belt over fragile objects. If there is a sudden stop or impact, the seat belt can damage it.
- Avoid wearing twisted seat belts. A twisted belt can't do its job as well. In a collision, it could even cut into you. Be sure the belt webbing is straight and not twisted.
- Be careful not to damage the belt webbing or hardware. If the belt webbing or hardware is damaged, replace it.
- Seat belts are designed to bear upon
the bony structure of the body, and
should be worn low across the front of
the pelvis or the pelvis, chest and shoulders, as
applicable; wearing the
lap section of the belt across the
abdominal area must be avoided. Seat
belts should be adjusted as firmly as
possible, consistent with comfort, to
provide the protection for which they
have been designed.
A slack belt will greatly reduce the protection afforded to the wearer.
Care should be taken to avoid contamination of the webbing with polishes, oils and chemicals, and particularly battery acid. Cleaning may safely be carried out using mild soap and water. The belt should be replaced if webbing becomes frayed, contaminated or damaged. It is essential to replace the entire assembly after it has been worn in a severe impact even if damage to the assembly is not obvious. Belts should not be worn with straps twisted. Each belt assembly must only be used by one occupant; it is dangerous to put a belt around a child being carried on the occupant's lap.
- No modifications or additions should be made by the user which will either prevent the seat belt adjusting devices from operating to remove slack, or prevent the seat belt assembly from being adjusted to remove slack.
- When you fasten the seat belt, be careful not to latch the seat belt in buckles of other seat. It's very dangerous and you may not be protected by the seat belt properly.
- Do not unfasten the seat belt and do not fasten and unfasten the seat belt repeatedly while driving. This could result in loss of control, and an accident causing death, serious injury, or property damage.
- When fastening the seat belt, make sure that the seat belt does not pass over objects that are hard or can break easily.
- Make sure there is nothing in the buckle. The seat belt may not be fastened securely.
- Seat belt restraint system
- Fastening and releasing the seat belt
- Pre-tensioner seat belt (if equipped) (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- Seat belt precautions
- Care of seat belts
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual