KIA Niro: Fuses
* Left: Normal, Right: Blown * The actual fuse/relay panel label may differ.
Before replacing a blown fuse, disconnect the negative battery cable.
If the electrical system does not work, first check the driver's side fuse panel.
Always replace a blown fuse with one of the same rating.
If the replacement fuse blows, this indicates an electrical problem. Avoid using the system involved and immediately consult a professional workshop. Kia recommends to consult an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Never replace a fuse with anything but another fuse of the same rating.
- A higher capacity fuse could cause damage and possibly a fire.
- Never install a wire or aluminum foil instead of the proper fuse even as a temporary repair. It may cause extensive wiring damage and a possible fire.
- Do not arbitrarily modify or add-on electric wiring of the vehicle.
- When replacing a blown fuse or relay
with a new one, make sure the new
fuse or relay fits tightly into the clips.
The incomplete fastening fuse or relay may cause the vehicle wiring and electric systems damage and a possible fire.
- Do not remove fuses, relays and terminals
fastened with bolts or nuts.
The fuses, relays and terminals may be fastened incompletely, and it may cause a possible fire. If fuses, relays and terminals fastened with bolts or nuts are blown, consult a professional workshop. Kia recommends to consult an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Do not input any other objects except fuses or relays into fuse/relay terminals such as a driver or wiring. It may cause contact failure and system malfunction.
- Do not plug in screwdrivers or aftermarket wiring into the terminal originally designed for fuse and relays only. The electrical system and wiring of the vehicle interior may be damaged or burned due to contact failure.
- If you directly connect the wire on the taillight or replace the bulb which is over the regulated capacity to install trailers etc., the inner junction block can get burned.
- Do not use a screwdriver or any other metal object to remove fuses because it may cause a short circuit and damage the system.
- When replacing fuse, turn the ignition "OFF" and turn off switches of all electrical devices then remove battery (-) terminal.
- The actual fuse/relay panel label may differ from equipped items.
- Window tinting precaution Window tint (especially metallic film) might cause communication disorder or poor radio reception, and malfunction of the automatic lighting system due to excessive change of illumination inside the vehicle. The solution used might also flow into electric, electronic devices causing disorder and failure.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual