KIA Niro: LCD display messages (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
For Plug-in hybrid vehicle (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
LCD displays/ Displayed contents
Door, hood, tailgate, sunroof open
Low tire pressure warning display
A: Low tire pressure
- 3: AUTO
- 4: OFF (O)
A: Front Wiper
- 1: OFF (O)
- 2: AUTO
- 3: LO (1)
- 4: HI (2)
Low washer fluid/ The washer fluid level in the reservoir is nearly empty.
Engine overheated/ The engine coolant temperature is above 120 ºC (248 ºF).
Low key battery (for smart key system)/ The battery of the smart key is discharged
Key not in vehicle (for smart key system)/ The smart key is not in the vehicle when you press the ENGINE START/STOP button
Icy road warning/ The temperature on the outside temperature gauge is below approximately 4 ºC (40 ºF).
Key not detected (for smart key system)/ The smart key is not detected when you press the ENGINE START/STOP button
Shift to P or N to start engine (for smart key system)/ Starting the vehicle with the gear not in the P (Park) or N (Neutral) position
Press brake pedal to start vehicle (for smart key system)/ The ENGINE START/STOP button changes to the ACC position twice by pressing the button repeatedly without depressing the brake pedal
Battery discharging due to external electrical devices/ Self-discharge of the battery due to overcurrent that is generated by unauthorized electrical devices
Press START button again (for smart key system)/ The ENGINE START/STOP button cannot be operated due to a problem with the ENGINE START/STOP button system
Press START button with key (for smart key system)/ The ENGINE START/STOP button is pressed while the "Key not detected" warning message is displayed
Low fuel/ The fuel tank is almost out of fuel. The low fuel level warning light in the cluster will come on
A chime will sound and the coasting guide indicator will be displayed to inform the driver when to take the foot off the accelerator by anticipating a decelerating event* based on the analysis of driving routes and road conditions stored in the navigation system.
It encourages the driver to remove the foot from the pedal and allow coasting down the road with EV motor only. This helps preventing unnecessary fuel consumption and increases fuel efficiency.
* Example of a deceleration event is going down an extended hill, slowing down approaching a toll booth, and approaching reduced speed zones.
- User settings
Press the ENGINE START/STOP button and put the shift dial in P (Park). In the User Settings Mode, select Driver assistance, Coasting Guide, and then On to turn on the system.
Cancel the selection of coasting guide to turn off the system.
For the explanation of the system, press and hold the [OK] button.
- Operation conditions
To activate the system, take the following procedures. Enter your destination information on the navigation and select the driving route. Select the ECO mode in the Integrated Driving Control System. Then, satisfy the following:
- The driving speed should be between 30 km/h (19 mph) and 160 km/h (99 mph).
* The operating speed may vary due to difference between instrument cluster and navigation effected by tire inflation level.
- If there is no problem with the operation
and the messages above are constantly
displayed, have your vehicle
inspected by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Icy road warning
When the following conditions occur, the warning light (including outside temperature gauge) blinks 5 times and then appears, and also warning chime sounds once.
- The temperature on the Outside Temperature Gauge is below approximately 4ºC (40ºF).
- Battery discharging due to external electrical devices
The vehicle can detect self-discharge of the battery due to overcurrent that is generated by unauthorized electrical devices such as dashboard camera (dash cam) mounting during parking.
If the warning continues even after external electrical devices are removed, have your vehicle inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Press START button again
- You could start the engine by pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button once more.
- If the warning message is displayed each time you press the ENGINE START/STOP button, have the vehicle inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Driving with the low fuel level warning light on or with the fuel level below "E (0) (Empty)" can cause the engine to misfire and damage the catalytic converter.
- If the warning message is displayed in the cluster, the driving information message may not be displayed.
- To set the charging time and/or climate time, refer to a separately supplied car navigation system manual for detailed information.
- If the icy road warning appears while driving, you should drive more attentively and safely refraining from overspeeding, rapid acceleration, sudden braking or sharp turning, etc.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual