KIA Niro: Maintenance services
- Have your vehicle serviced by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Retain documents that show proper maintenance.
- Establish your compliance with the servicing and maintenance requirements of your vehicle warranties.
- Repairs and adjustments required as a result of improper maintenance or a lack of required maintenance are not covered when your vehicle is covered by warranty.
Maintenance Service and Record Retention are the owner's responsibility.
Owner maintenance precautions
Improper or incomplete service may result in problems. This section gives instructions only for the maintenance items that are easy to perform.
- Performing maintenance work on a
vehicle can be dangerous. You can be
seriously injured while performing
some maintenance procedures. If you
lack sufficient knowledge and experience
or the proper tools and equipment
to do the work, have the system
serviced by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Working under the hood with the
engine running is dangerous. It
becomes even more dangerous when
you wear jewelry or loose clothing.
These can become entangled in moving parts and result in injury. Therefore, if you must run the engine while working under the hood, make certain that you remove all jewelry (especially rings, bracelets, watches, and necklaces) and all neckties, scarves, and similar loose clothing before getting near the engine or cooling fans.
CAUTION- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- Do not put heavy objects or apply excessive force on top of the engine cover (if equipped) or fuel related parts.
- When you inspect the fuel system (fuel lines and fuel injection devices), contact a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Do not drive long time with the engine cover removed.
- When checking the engine room, do not go near fire. Fuel, washer fluid, etc. are flammable oils that may cause fire.
- Before touching the battery, ignition
cables and electrical wiring, you
should disconnect the battery "-" terminal.
You may get an electric shock from the electric current.
- When you remove the interior trim cover with a flat bed (-) driver, be careful not to damage the cover.
- Be careful when you replace and clean bulbs to avoid burns or electrical shock.
Improper owner maintenance during the warranty period may affect warranty coverage. For details, read the separate Warranty & Maintenance book provided with the vehicle. If you're unsure about any servicing or maintenance procedure, have the system serviced by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual