KIA Niro: Manual accident reporting
The driver or passenger manually can make an emergency call in the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), by pressing SOS button to call the necessary emergency services.
A call to the emergency services through the Pan-European eCall system can be canceled by pressing the SOS button again only before the call connection.
After activation of emergency call in the manual mode (for proper emergency services and support), the Pan-European eCall system automatically transmits the road accident data / or data on other accident to the officer of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) (during emergency call) by pressing the SOS button.
If the driver or passenger accidentally presses the SOS button, it can be canceled by pressing the button again in 3 seconds. It can't be canceled after that.
In case of road accident or other accident for activation of emergency call in manual mode it is necessary:
- Stop the car in accordance with traffic rules to ensure safety to yourself and other participants of road traffic;
- Press the SOS button, when pressing
the button SOS registration of the
device in the wireless telephonic communication
networks is carried out,
minimum data set about car and its
location is collected in accordance
with of the technical requirements of
After that connection with the officer of the Pan-European eCall system is made for clearing up reasons (conditions) of the emergency call.
- After clearing up reasons of the emergency call, the officer of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) sends emergency services and completes the emergency call.
If the emergency call is not carried out in accordance with the procedure, mentioned above, the emergency call will be considered as erroneous.
Emergency power supply of the Pan- European eCall system from the battery
- The Pan-European eCall system battery supplies power during 1 hour in case main power source of the vehicle is cut off due to the collision during the emergency situations.
- The Pan-European eCall system battery should be replaced every 4 years.
LED illumination in red (system malfunction)
If red LED illuminates in normal driving conditions, this can indicate malfunction of the Pan- European eCall system.
Please, have the Pan-European eCall system checked at an authorized Kia dealership immediately. Otherwise correct operation of the Pan-European eCall system device, installed in your car is not guaranteed. Owner of the car incurs liability for consequences, occurred as a result of nonobservance of conditions, mentioned above.
Arbitrary Removal or Modification
The Pan-European eCall system calls emergency services for assistance. Thus, any arbitrary removal or changes to the Pan- European eCall system settings may affect your driving safety. Also, it may even make an erroneous emergency call to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). Thereby, we kindly ask you not to make any changes by yourself or by the third parties in the settings of the equipment of the Pan- European eCall system, installed in your car.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual