KIA Niro: Necessary vehicle inspections
Be sure to check the following fluid levels on a regular basis at the exact interval:
- Engine oil
- Engine coolant
- Brake fluid
- Washer fluid
For more details, refer to "Maintenance"
Focus on the road while driving. The driver's primary responsibility is in the safe and legal operation of a vehicle.
Any use of handheld devices, other equipment, or vehicle systems that take the driver's eyes, attention, and focus away from the safe operation of a vehicle are not permissable by law. These should never be used during the operation of the vehicle.
Checking the exhaust system- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
Be sure the exhaust system does not leak.
The exhaust system should be checked whenever the vehicle is raised for oil replacement or for any other purpose.
If you hear a change in the exhaust sound or if something strikes the undercarriage, Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner or a professional workshop and have the exhaust system checked as soon as possible.
WARNING- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
Do not inhale exhaust fumes or leave your engine running in an enclosed area for a prolonged time. Exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide, a colorless and odorless gas that can cause unconsciousness and death by asphyxiation.
Before entering vehicle
- Be sure that all windows, outside mirrors, and outside lights are clean.
- Check the condition of the tires.
- Check under the vehicle for any sign of leaks.
- Be sure there are no obstacles behind you if you intend to back up.
Before starting vehicle
- Close and lock all doors.
- Position the seat so that all controls are easily reached.
- Buckle your seat belt.
- Adjust both inside and outside rear view mirrors.
- Be sure that all lights work.
- Check all gauges.
- Check the operation of warning lights when the vehicle is in the ON position.
- Release the parking brake and make sure the brake warning light is off.
- When you intend to park or stop the vehicle with the engine on, be careful not to depress the accelerator pedal for a long period of time. It may overheat the engine or exhaust system and cause fire.
- Always check the surrounding areas near your vehicle for people, especially children, before putting a vehicle into D (Drive) or R (Reverse).
- Securely store items in your vehicle.
When you make a sudden stop or turn the steering wheel rapidly, loose objects may drop on the floor and it could interfere with the operation of the foot pedals, possibly causing an accident.
- Do not drive while under the influence
of alcohol, drugs, or other impairing
substances. Drinking and driving is
dangerous. Even a small amount of
alcohol will affect your reflexes, perceptions
Driving while under the influence of drugs or other impairing substances is as dangerous as or more dangerous than driving drunk.
- Always wear appropriate shoes when operating your vehicle. Unsuitable shoes (high heels, ski boots, sandals, etc.) may interfere with your ability to use the brake and accelerator pedals.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual