KIA Niro: Replacing rear wiper blade Kia Niro EV / Hybrid
Replacing rear wiper blade
- Turn off the vehicle.
- Move the wiper switch to the single wiping (MIST/1x) position.
- Hold the wiper switch for more than 2 seconds.
- Raise the wiper arm and pull out the wiper blade assembly.
- Lift up the wiper blade, and pull the blade to remove it.
- Install the new blade assembly by inserting the center part into the slot in the wiper arm until it clicks into place.
If the replacement is complete, put down the wiper arm to place it on the rear windshield, and turn the vehicle to ON position and operate the wipers to check the blade is installed correctly.
- Make sure the blade assembly is installed firmly by trying to pull it slightly.
To prevent damage to the wiper arms or other components, have the wiper blade replaced by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Do not use gasoline, kerosene, paint thinner, or other solvents on or near them.
- Do not attempt to move the wipers manually.
- The use of a non-specified wiper blade could result in wiper malfunction and failure.
- Do not allow the wiper arm to fall against the windshield, since it may chip or crack the windshield.
- If the wiper arm receives too much force while pulling the blade, the center part may be damaged.
- The wiper could not operate for approximately 10 seconds when the wiper is operated without washer fluid or the blades are frozen. This is not a malfunction, it is a wiper protection system activated by motor overload circuit within the wiper motor.
- The front windshield should be cleaned with water hose and wiped with clean towel with wiper blades raised up. Also, the wiper blades should be wiped clean when the grease or wax is applied to the blades.
Commercial hot waxes applied by automatic car washes have been known to make the windshield difficult to clean.
And it is the responsibility of customers to wash and manage the vehicle with adequate methods and materials.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual