KIA Niro: Warning And Caution Labels
- Engine pressure cap caution
- Cooling fan caution
- High voltage caution
- Inverter reservoir tank cap caution
Battery Caution Label
Warning / Caution Label (Cont'd)
- Keep lighted cigarettes and all other flames or sparks away from the battery.
- Wear eye protection when charging or working near a battery. Always provide ventilation when working in an enclosed space.
- When lifting a plastic-cased battery, excessive pressure on acid to leak resulting in personal injury. Lift with a battery carrier or with your hands on opposite corners.
- Never attempt to change the battery when the battery cables are connected.
- The electrical ignition system works with high voltage.
Never touch these components with the engine running or the ignition switched on.
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children because batteries contain highly corrosive SULFURIC ACID. Do not allow battery acid to contact your skin, eyes, clothing or paint finish.
- If any electrolyte gets into your eyes, flush your eyes with clean water
for at least 15 minutes and get immediate medical
attention. If possible, continue to apply water with a sponge or cloth until
medical attention is received.
If electrolyte gets on your skin, thoroughly wash the contacted area. If you feel a pain or a burning sensation, get medical attention immediately.
- Always read the following instructions carefully when handing a battery.
- Hydrogen, which is a highly combustible gas, is always presents in battery cells and may explode if ignited.
- An improperly disposed battery can be harmful to the environment and
Always confirm local regulations for battery disposal.
Handling And Storage The Battery
- Batteries should be stored in cool, dry (27ºC / 80.6ºF) places and out
- MF batteries are tightly sealed to prevent acid leakage.
However, tilting the battery to an angle of 45 degrees can cause acid to leak
through the vents on the sides. Therefore, batteries should always be stored in their
upright positions. Prevent placing any aqueous or solid (i.e. conductors) bodies on
top of the battery.
- It is extremely dangerous to use tools, such as hammers, on the battery
when connecting cables to the mounted battery.
Battery on Vehicle
- When storing the vehicle for long periods of time, make sure to remove
memory fuse at junction box to prevent natural discharging.
- Also, run the engine for battery charging within 1 month if the memory
removed from the start of vehicle storing.
If the memory fuse was removed, run the engine for battery charging within 3 months from the start of vehicle storing.
After reconnecting or recharging a discharged battery, the ESP OFF indicator may illuminate.
In this case, turn the handle half way to the left and right whilst the ignition switch is in the ON position.
Then, restart the engine after the ignition is OFF.
The ESP OFF indicator may turn OFF.
If the ESP OFF indicator does not turn OFF, have the system checked referring to DTC. (Refer to the BR group.)
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual