KIA Niro: Washers (Kia Niro EV)
Controlling the washers
- Move the wiper speed control switch to OFF (0) position.
- Pull the lever gently toward you to spray washer fluid on the windshield.
- Operate the wipers so they perform several cycles.
Do not use the washer in freezing temperatures without first warming the windshield with the defrosters; the washer solution could freeze on the windshield and obscure your vision.
- When the EV button is in ON position and the windshield wiper switch is placed in the AUTO mode, use caution in the following situations to avoid any injury to the hands or other parts of the body:
- Do not touch the upper end of the windshield glass facing the rain sensor.
- Do not wipe the upper end of the windshield glass with a damp or wet cloth.
- Do not put pressure on the windshield glass.
- When washing the vehicle, set the
wiper switch in the OFF (0) position to
stop the auto wiper operation.
The wiper may operate and be damaged if the switch is set in the AUTO mode while washing the vehicle.
- Do not remove the sensor cover
located on the upper end of the driver
or passenger side windshield glass.
Damage to system parts could occur and may not be covered by your vehicle warranty.
- When starting the vehicle in winter, set the wiper switch in the OFF (0) position. Otherwise, wipers may operate and ice may damage the windshield wiper blades. Always remove all snow and ice and defrost the windshield properly prior to operating the windshield wipers.
- When tinting the windshield, be careful of any fluid getting into the sensor located in the top center of the front windshield. It may damage the related parts.
- To prevent possible damage to the washer pump, do not operate the washer when the fluid reservoir is empty.
- To prevent possible damage to the wipers or windshield, do not operate the wipers when the windshield is dry.
- To prevent damage to the wiper blades, do not use gasoline, kerosene, paint thinner, or other solvents on or near them.
- To prevent damage to the wiper arms and other components, do not attempt to move the wipers manually.
- To prevent possible damage to the wipers and washer system, use antifreezing washer fluids in the winter season or cold weather.
If there is heavy accumulation of snow or ice on the windshield, defrost the windshield for about 10 minutes, or until the snow and/or ice is removed before using the windshield wipers to ensure proper operation. If you do not remove the snow and/or ice before using the wiper and washer, it may damage the wiper and washer system.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual