KIA Niro: Brake Actuation Unit Repair procedures
Brake Actuation Unit Components and components location
IBAU(Intergrated Brake Actuation Unit) must not be disassembled.
- Integrated Brake Actuation Unit (IBAU) ECU
- Pedal Simulator
- Integrated Brake Actuation Unit (IBAU)
Brake Actuation Unit Repair procedures
The following section describes how to diagnose faults using a diagnostic instrument.
1) Connect self-diagnosis connector (16pins) located under the driver side crash pad to self-diagnosis device, and then turn the self-diagnosis device after key is ON.
2) Select the "vehicle model" and "ESC/AHB" on KDS vehicle selection screen.
3) Select the "High Pressure Release Mode" on KDS screen, then select OK.
4) Proceed with the test according to the screen instructions.
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Disconnect the ECM & TCM bracket.
(Refer to Engine Control System - "Engine Control Module (ECM)")
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air Cleaner")
- Remove the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir with a syringe.
Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle as it may damage the paint. If brake fluid comes in contact with the paint, wash off immediately with water.
- Remove the nuts (A), hose (B), brake fluid level sensor connector (C).
Tightening torque: 6.8 - 10.7 N*m (0.7 - 1.1 kgf*m, 5.0 - 7.9 lb*ft)
- Disconnect the integrated brake actuation unit (IBAU) connector (A) and brake tube (B).
- Loosen the flare nuts (A) from the integrated brake actuation unit (IBAU) and then remove the brake tube.
Tightening torque: 12.7 - 16.7 N*m (1.3 - 1.7 kgf*m, 9.4 - 12.3 lb*ft)
- Remove the snap pin (A) and clebis pin (B).
- Loosen the brake pedal nuts.
Tightening torque : 16.7 - 25.5 N*m (1.7 - 2.6 kgf*m, 12.3 - 18.8 lb*ft)
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Check the brake pedal operation.
- After filling the brake fluid in the reservoir, perform the air bleed.
(Refer to the Brake system - "Brake Bleeding Procedure")
- Conduct the variant coding.
- Conduct the pedal traval sensor (PTS) calibration.
- Conduct the longitidinal G sensor clibration. (HAC/DBC Only)
- Conduct the pressure sensor calibration.
- Conduct the auto detected configuration reset the if necessary.
Diagnosis by using diagnostic device
The following section describes how to diagnose faults using a diagnostic instrument
- Connect self-diagnosis connector (16pins) located under the driver side crash pad to self-diagnosis device, and then turn the selfdiagnosis device after key is ON.
- Select the "vehicle model" and "ESC/AHB" on KDS vehicle selection screen.
- Proceed with the test according to the screen instructions.
Longitudinal G Sensor Calibration(HAC/DBC Only)
Pressure Sensor Calibration
Pedal Travel Sensor (PTS) Calibration
Auto Detected Configuration Reset(ESP(ESC) Only)
ESC Variant Coding
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual