KIA Niro: Water Temperature Control Assembly
Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual / Engine Mechanical System / Cooling System / Water Temperature Control Assembly
Removal and Installation
Water Temperature Control Assembly
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal.
- Loosen the drain plug, and drain the engine coolant. Remove the
reservoir cap to help drain the coolant
(Refer to Cooling System - "Coolant")
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
(Refer to Intake and Exhaust System - "Air Cleaner")
- Disconnect the radiator upper hose (A).
- Disconnect the heater hoses (A).
- Disconnect the wiring connectors and harness clamps and remove the connector brackets around the water temperature control assembly.
- Disconnect the degassing hose (A) and EGR cooler hose (B).
- Disconnect the oil cooler hose (A).
- Disconnect the water temperature sensor connector (A).
- Remove the water temperature control assembly (A).
Tightening torque : 18.6 - 23.5 N.m (1.9 - 2.4 kgf.m, 13.7 - 17.4 lb-ft)
- When you use current-carrying bolts and nuts for the coolant temperature control assembly, use the specified bolts and nuts.
- Before mounting the coolant temperature control assembly, clean the contact surface.
- Before mounting the coolant temperature control assembly, make sure that the thermostat for separate cooling is not open or closed stuck due to foreign substance.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual