KIA Niro: Wipers (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- Front wiper speed control
- MIST/1x: Single wipe
- / : Off
- INT/ *: Intermittent control wipe/Auto control wipe
- LO/1: Low wiper speed
- HI/2: High wiper speed
- Wash with brief wipes
- Rear wiper speed control
- HI/2: Continuous wipe
- LO/1: Intermittent wipe
- / : Off
*: if equipped
If there is heavy accumulation of snow or ice on the windshield, defrost the windshield for about 10 minutes, or until the snow and/or ice is removed before using the windshield wipers to ensure proper operation. If you do not remove the snow and/or ice before using the wiper and washer, it may damage the wiper and washer system.
Controlling wiper automatically (if equipped)
- A: Rain sensor
- B: Wiper speed control switch
- The rain sensor (A) senses the amount of rainfall and adjusts the wiper speed to a proper interval.
- Turn the speed control switch (B) to adjust the wiper speed.
- When the ignition switch or ENGINE START/STOP button is ON and the windshield wiper switch is placed in the AUTO mode, use caution in the following situations to avoid any injury to the hands or other parts of the body:
- Do not touch the upper end of the windshield glass facing the rain sensor.
- Do not wipe the upper end of the windshield glass with a damp or wet cloth.
- Do not put pressure on the windshield glass.
- When washing the vehicle, set the
wiper switch in the OFF (0) position to
stop the auto wiper operation.
The wiper may operate and be damaged if the switch is set in the AUTO mode while washing the vehicle.
- Do not remove the sensor cover located on the upper end of the passenger side windshield glass. Damage to system parts could occur and may not be covered by your vehicle warranty.
- When starting the vehicle in winter, set the wiper switch in the OFF (0) position. Otherwise, wipers may operate and ice may damage the windshield wiper blades. Always remove all snow and ice and defrost the windshield properly prior to operating the windshield wipers.
- When tinting the windshield, be careful of any fluid getting into the sensor located in the top center of the front windshield. It may damage the related parts.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual