KIA Niro: AC inverter
The AC inverter supplies 220V/200W or 115V/150W electric power to operate electric accessories or equipment. If you wish to use the AC inverter, open up the AC inverter cover and connect a plug to it. The AC inverter supplies eletric power when engine is running.
- Rated voltage: AC 220V or 115V
- Maximum electric power: 200W or 150W
- In order to avoid an electrical system failure, electric shock, etc., be sure to read owner's manual before use.
- Be sure to close the cover except for when in use.
- To prevent the battery from being discharged, do not use the AC inverter while the engine is not running.
- After using an electric accessory or equipment, pull the plug out. Leaving the accessory or equipment plugged in for a long time may cause battery discharge.
- Do not use an electric accessory or equipment the power consumption of which is greater than 200W (220V) or 150W (115V).
- When the AC inverter input voltage is less than 11.3V, automatically turn off the power. AC inverter will operate as normal when the voltage is increased.
- When the AC inverter input voltage is
less than 10.7V, power will turn off.
The AC inverter will operate as normal when the voltage is increased.
- While the power consumption of some electrical devices/appliances may be within the AC inverter's electric power range, it may malfunction in below cases.
- If the device/appliance requires high electric power for initial start up
- If the device/appliance processes precise/very accurate data
- If the device/appliance requires very stable supply of electricity
Electric accessory devices
- Do not use broken electric accessories which may damage the AC inverter and electrical systems of the vehicle.
- Do not use two or more electric accessories at the same time. It may cause damage to the electrical systems of the vehicle.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual