KIA Niro: Actions to be taken for electric vehicle charging issues
When you cannot charge the high voltage battery after connecting the charger, check the following:
- Check the charging settings for the vehicle.(e.g. when scheduled charging is set, charging is not initiated immediately when the AC charger or portable charger is connected.)
- Check the operation status of the AC
charger, portable charger.
(Status of portable charger)
* Actual method for indicating the charging status may vary in accordance accordance with the charger manufacturer.
- When the vehicle does not charge and a warning message appears on the instrument cluster, check the corresponding message.
- If the vehicle is properly charged when charged with another normally working charger, contact the charger manufacturer.
- If the vehicle does not charge when charged with another normally working charger, we recommend that you contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner for inspection.
How to disconnect charging connector in emergency
If the charging connector does not unlock for some reason, open the hood and slightly pull the emergency cable as shown above. The charging door will then open.
If a charging door is not opened immediately with emergency cable in operation, press a charging door lightly and pull emergency cable again. The charging cable lock may not work properly when foreign materials such as dust enter the cable or the cable is encrusted with ice.
In that case, the charging cable may not be disconnected or locked, or the vehicle may not be charged. If this happens, open the hood and pull the emergency cable lightly 2 to 3 times and then try to disconnect the charging cable or start recharging.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual