KIA Niro: Adjusting regenerative braking with paddle shifter
The regenerative braking system allows you to charge the battery when you use the brakes to stop the vehicle.
Adjusting regenerative braking with paddle shifter
- Pull the left side ( ) of the paddle shifter to increase regenerative braking and deceleration.
- Pull the right side ( ) of the paddle shifter to decrease regenerative braking and deceleration.
- The left side ( ) and right side ( ) of paddle shifters are pulled simultaneously.
- Decelerating the vehicle by depressing the brake pedal.
- Cruise Control or Smart Cruise Control is operating.
- The regenerative braking system is activated in 100% charge.
- The vehicle is in SNOW mode.
- The trailer is installed.
Regenerative braking system according to DRIVE MODE
- Initial setting of the regenerative braking level and adjustable range vary according to the selected drive mode.
- The setting will return to 1 when the vehicle is restarted from 0.
- For more details, refer to "Drive mode integrated control system"
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual