KIA Niro: Battery capacity label (Kia Niro EV / Hybrid)
Battery capacity label
* The actual battery label in the vehicle may differ from the illustration.
- The Kia model name of battery
- The nominal capacity (in Ampere hours)
- The nominal reserve capacity (in min.)
- The nominal voltage
- The cold-test current in amperes by SAE
- The cold-test current in amperes by EN
Your vehicle has a maintenance-free, calcium-based battery.
- If the battery becomes discharged in a
short time (because, for example, the
headlights or interior lights were left
on while the vehicle was not in use),
run the vehicle for at least approximately
60 minutes while driving or at
Also, connect the fully automatic regulated charger to the 12V battery located in the motor room compartment.
- If the battery gradually discharges because of high electric load while the vehicle is being used, recharge it at 20~30 A for 2 hours.
When recharging the battery, observe the following precautions:
- The battery must be removed from the vehicle and placed in an area with good ventilation.
- Watch the battery during charging, and stop or reduce the charging rate if the battery cells begin gassing (boiling) violently or if the temperature of the electrolyte of any cell exceeds 49ºC (120ºF).
- Wear eye protection when checking the battery during charging.
- Disconnect the battery charger in the following order.
- Turn off the battery charger main switch.
- Unhook the negative clamp from the negative battery terminal.
- Unhook the positive clamp from the positive battery terminal.
- Before performing maintenance or recharging the battery, turn off all accessories and stop the vehicle.
- The negative battery cable must be removed first and installed last when the battery is disconnected.
- We recommend that you use batteries for replacement from an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
Items should be reset after the battery has been discharged or the battery has been disconnected.
- Auto up/down window
- Trip computer
- Climate control system
- Driver position memory system
- Infotainment system
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual