KIA Niro: Brake fluid
Checking brake fluid level (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
Checking brake fluid level (Kia Niro EV)
- Clean the area around the reservoir cap.
- Periodically check that the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir is between MIN and MAX. The level will fall with accumulated mileage. This is a normal condition associated with the wear of the brake linings.
Check the fluid level in the reservoir periodically. The fluid level should be between MAX and MIN marks on the side of the reservoir. Never mix different types of fluid.
Use only the specified brake fluid.
If the fluid level is excessively low, have the system checked by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- In the event the brake system requires frequent additions of fluid, have the system inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- When changing and adding brake fluid, handle it carefully. Do not let it come in contact with your eyes. If brake fluid should come in contact with your eyes, immediately flush them with a large quantity of fresh tap water. Have your eyes examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
Do not allow brake fluid to contact the vehicle's body paint, as paint damage will result. Brake fluid, which has been exposed to open air for an extended time should never be used as its quality cannot be guaranteed. It should be properly disposed. Don't put in the wrong kind of fluid. A few drops of mineral- based oil, such as engine oil, in your brake system can damage brake system parts.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual