KIA Niro: Engine clutch actuator fluid
Checking the engine clutch actuator fluid level
(Kia NIRO Hybrid)
In normal driving conditions, the actuator fluid level does not go down rapidly.
However, oil consumption rate may rise as vehicle mileage increases, and leakage in actuator related parts may result in increased consumption of the engine clutch actuator oil. Regularly check and make sure the engine clutch actuator oil fluid level is between MIN and MAX marks.
If the oil level is below MIN mark, have the vehicle checked by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
If the fluid level is excessively low, have the system checked by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
Use only the specified engine clutch actuator fluid. (Refer to "Recommended lubricants and capacities" ) Never mix different types of fluid.
- Check the fluid level in the washer
fluid reservoir and add fluid if necessary.
Plain water may be used if washer fluid is not available.
However, use washer solvent with antifreeze characteristics in cold climates to prevent freezing.
The reservoir is translucent so that you can check the level with a quick visual inspection.
Do not allow brake fluid to contact the vehicle's body paint, as paint damage will result. Brake fluid, which has been exposed to open air for an extended time should never be used as its quality cannot be guaranteed. It should be properly disposed. Don't put in the wrong kind of fluid. A few drops of mineral- based oil, such as engine oil, in your brake system can damage brake system parts.
- In the event the brake system requires frequent additions of fluid, have the system inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- When changing and adding brake fluid, handle it carefully. Do not let it come in contact with your eyes. If brake fluid should come in contact with your eyes, immediately flush them with a large quantity of fresh tap water. Have your eyes examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual