KIA Niro: Changing gear
- Turn the shift dial.
- Press P button to shift to P (Park).
The indicator in the instrument cluster displays the gear position when the EV button is in ON position.
Automatic shift to P (Park)
- The driver door is opened in R (Reverse), N (Neutral), D (Drive) while vehicle is in ON position.
- The vehicle is in OFF position while the gear is in R (Reverse), N (Neutral), D (Drive).
- When the vehicle is above certain speed
N (Neutral) in vehicle ON/ACC position
If you want to stay in N (Neutral) when the vehicle is the ACC or ON state, do the following.
- Deactivate AUTO HOLD and release the parking brake when the vehicle is in ON position.
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Turn the shift dial to N (Neutral).
- Take your foot off the brake pedal, and the message will appear on the instrument cluster.
- Press and hold the OK button on the
steering wheel for more than 1 second.
If the Electronic Parking Brake is applied, release the Electronic Parking Brake manually while depressing the brake pedal.
If equipped with Electronic Parking Brake, it is not released automatically when you turn the shift dial to N (Neutral).
- Press the EV button after the message
appears on the instrument cluster.
The vehicle stays in N (Neutral) after turning off the vehicle.
Do not open the driver's door when going through an automatic car wash tunnel machine. Failure to follow this instruction can damage your vehicle or the car wash machine. If the driver's door is opened within 3 minutes after shifting to N (Neutral), your vehicle will automatically shift the gear to P (Park).
For vehicles equipped with Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), the parking brake is automatically applied.
With the gear in N (Neutral), the vehicle will be in the ACC position. Note that the doors cannot be locked in ACC position or the battery (12V) may discharge if left in the ACC position for a long period.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual