KIA Niro: Connector Inspection Procedure
Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual / Engine Control / Fuel System / Basic Troubleshooting / Connector Inspection Procedure
- Handling of Connector
- Never pull on the wiring harness when disconnecting connectors.
- When removing the connector with a latch, press or pull locking lever.
- Listen for a click when locking connectors. This sound indicates that they are securely locked
- When a tester is used to check for continuity, or to measure voltage, always insert tester probe from wire harness side.
- Check waterproof connector terminals from the connector side. Waterproof connectors cannot be accessed from harness side.
- Use a fine wire to prevent damaging the terminal.
- Do not damage the terminal when inserting the tester lead.
- Checking Point for Connector
- While the connector is connected: Hold the connector, and check connecting condition and locking efficiency.
- When the connector is disconnected:
Check for missing terminal, crimped terminal or broken core wire by lightly
pulling the wire harness.
Visually check for rust, contamination, deformation and bending.
- Check terminal tightening condition: Insert a spare male terminal into a female terminal, and then check terminal tightening conditions.
- Pull lightly on individual wires to ensure that each wire is secured in the terminal.
- Connector Terminal Repairing Method
- Clean the contact points using air gun and/or shop rag.
Never use sand paper when polishing the contact points, otherwise the contact point may be damaged.
- In case of abnormal contact pressure, replace the female terminal.
Wire Harness Inspection Procedure
- Before removing the wire harness, check the wire harness position and crimping in order to restore it correctly.
- Check for twisted, pulled or loose wire harness.
- Check if the temperature of the wire harness is abnormally high.
- Check for rotating, moving or vibrating wire harness against the sharp edge of a part.
- Check the connection between the wire harness and any installed part.
- If the covering of wire harness is damaged; secure, repair or replace the harness.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual