KIA Niro: Economical operation (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
Your vehicle's fuel economy depends mainly on your style of driving, where you drive and when you drive.
Each of these factors affects how many kilometers (miles) you can get from a liter (gallon) of fuel. To operate your vehicle as economically as possible, use the following driving suggestions to help save money in both fuel and repairs:
- Drive smoothly.
- Drive at a moderate speed.
- Take care of your tires.
- Be sure that the wheels are aligned correctly.
- Maintain your vehicle in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Don't carry unnecessary weight in your vehicle.
- Don't let the engine idle longer than necessary.
- Don't "lug" or "over-rev" the engine.
- Don't open the windows at high speeds.
- Slow down when driving in crosswinds and headwinds.
Never turn off the vehicle to coast down hills or anytime the vehicle is in motion.
The power steering and power brakes will not function properly with turning off the vehicle. In addition, turning off the vehicle while driving could make the steering wheel heavy due to the power steering system not operating, turn the steering wheel stronger than usual.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual