KIA Niro: Important - use of compact spare tire
The compact spare tire is smaller than a conventional tire and is designed for temporary use only.
- Do not exceed 80 km/h (50 mph).
- Drive slowly enough to avoid all hazards.
- Continuous road use could result in tire failure, loss of vehicle control, and possible personal injury.
- Do not exceed the vehicle's maximum load rating or the load carrying capacity.
- Avoid driving over obstacles.
- Do not take the vehicle through an automatic car wash.
- Do not use tire chains on the temporary compact tire.
- Do not install on the front axle if the vehicle must be driven in snow or on ice.
- Do not use on any other vehicle.
- Inspect your compact spare tire regularly and replace with the same size and design.
- The compact spare tire should not be used on any other wheels, nor should standard tires, snow tires, wheel covers or trim rings be used with the compact spare wheel.
- Do not use more than one compact spare tire at a time.
- Do not tow a trailer while the compact spare tire is installed.
The compact spare tire is for emergency use only. Do not operate your vehicle on this compact spare at the speed over 80 km/h (50 mph). The original tire should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible to avoid failure of the spare possibly leading to personal injury or death.
- You should drive carefully when the compact spare is in use. The compact spare should be replaced by the proper conventional tire and rim at the first opportunity.
- The operation of this vehicle is not recommended with more than one compact spare tire in use at the same time.
- Check the inflation pressure after installing the spare tire. Adjust it to the specified pressure, as necessary.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual