KIA Niro: Components of the Tire Mobility Kit
If you have a flat tire (with Tire Mobility Kit) (if equipped)
- Sealant bottle
* The Tire Mobility Kit is stored on the sides of the luggage room or below the luggage board.
The Tire Mobility Kit is not designed or intended as a permanent tire repair method and is to be used for one tire only.
The system with compressor and sealing compound seals most tire punctures caused by nails or similar objects and reinflates the tire. However, larger punctures or sidewall damage cannot be sealed completely.
After ensuring that the tire is properly sealed, you can drive cautiously on the tire (for a distance of up to 200 km (120 miles)) at maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) in order to reach a service station or a tire dealer to have the tire replaced.
Avoid abrupt steering or other driving maneuvers if the vehicle is heavily loaded or if a trailer is in use.
Refer to "Notes on the safe use of the Tire Mobility Kit"
- Do not use the Tire Mobility Kit to repair punctures in the tire walls. This can result in an accident due to tire failure.
- Have your tire repaired as soon as possible. The tire may loose air pressure at any time after inflating with the Tire Mobility Kit.
- Do not use the TMK if a tire is severely damaged by driving run flat or with insufficient air pressure. Only punctured areas located within the tread region of the tire can be sealed using the TMK.
- Do not use the Tire sealant after the
sealant has expired (i.e. past the expiration
date on the sealant container).
This can increase the risk of tire failure.
- Keep the sealant out of reach of children, avoid sealant contact with eyes and do not swallow the sealant.
When two or more tires are flat, do not use the tire mobility kit because the supported one sealant of Tire Mobility Kit is only used for one flat tire.
Components of the Tire Mobility Kit
* Connectors, cable and connection hose are stored in the compressor housing.
* Strictly follow the specified sequence, otherwise the sealant may escape under high pressure.
- Speed restriction label
- Sealant bottle
- Sealant bottle filling hose
- Power outlet connector
- Sealant bottle holder
- ON/OFF switch
- Tire inflation pressure gauge
- Tire inflation pressure valve
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual