KIA Niro: Checking tire inflation pressure
KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual / What to do in an emergency / If you have a flat tire (with Tire Mobility Kit) / Checking tire inflation pressure
- After driving approximately 7~10 km (4~6 miles, or approximately 10 minutes), stop the vehicle in a safe, level place.
- Connect the filling hose directly to the tire valve.
- Connect the power outlet connector.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified value.
- Turn the compressor on to increase the inflation pressure. Turn the compressor off briefly to check the current inflation pressure.
- Turn the compressor valve to reduce the inflation pressure.
- Do not let the compressor run for more than 10 minutes, otherwise the device will overheat and may be damaged.
- The tire inflation pressure must be inflated to the proper pressure (Refer to "Tires and wheels" on page 9-5). If it is not, do not continue driving. Call for road side service or towing.
- If the inflation pressure is not maintained, drive the vehicle a second time, refer to "Distributing the sealant". Then repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Use of the TMK may be ineffectual for tire damage larger than approximately 4 mm (0.16 inches).
- We recommend that you contact a professional workshop if the tire cannot be made roadworthy with the Tire Mobility Kit.
When reinstalling the repaired or replaced tire and wheel on the vehicle, tighten the wheel lug nut to 11~13 kgf*m (79~94 lbf*ft).
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual