KIA Niro: Towing service
- Wheel dolly
- Proper lifting and towing procedures are necessary to prevent damage to the vehicle. The use of wheel dolly (1) or flatbed is recommended.
- On 2WD vehicles, it is acceptable to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels on the ground (without dollies) and the front wheels off the ground.
If emergency towing is necessary, we recommend having it done by an authorized Kia dealer or a commercial towtruck service.
- Do not tow the vehicle forwards with the front wheels on the ground as this may cause damage to the vehicle.
- Do not tow with sling-type equipment.
Use wheel lift or flatbed equipment.
When being towed by a commercial tow truck and wheel dollies are not used, the front of the vehicle should always be lifted, not the rear
Towing without wheel dolly (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- Set the vehicle to ACC (Accessory).
- Change the gear to N (Neutral).
- Release the parking brake.
Failure to shift the gear to N (Neutral) may cause internal damage to the transmission.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual