KIA Niro: Emergency commodity
If there is small fire and you know how to use the fire extinguisher, follow these steps carefully.
- Pull out the safety pin at the top of the extinguisher that keeps the handle from being accidentally pressed.
- Aim the nozzle towards the base of the fire.
- Stand approximately 2.5 m (8 ft) away from the fire and squeeze the handle to discharge the extinguisher. If you release the handle, the discharge will stop.
- Sweep the nozzle back and for that the base of the fire. After the fire appears to be out, watch carefully since it may re-ignite.
Scissors, bandages, adhesive tape, etc.
are provided in the kit.
Place the Reflector triangle on the road to warn oncoming vehicles.
Tire pressure gauge
- Unscrew the inflation valve cap.
- Press and hold the gauge against the tire valve.
- Pressing firmly will activate the gauge and avoid too much leak.
- Adjust the inflation of the tires to the specified pressure, as necessary.
- Reinstall the inflation valve cap.
- When an accident occur, park the
vehicle to a safe place. To avoid the
leak of electricity in high voltage battery,
turn the vehicle off and pull the
yellow label in the high voltage battery
switch to shut down the high voltage
battery. Also, disconnect the
auxiliary battery(12V) cable to shutdown.
Be sure to disconnect both (+)cable and (-) cable.
- Do not touch the exposed electric wires. Do not touch high voltage wires (orange), connectors and other electric components.
- When an accident occur, the lethal
gas and fluid from damaged high
voltage battery can be leaked. Be
aware not to touch or exposed to the
gas and fluid. When flammable or poison
gas leak inside the vehicle, open
windows and evacuate to a safe place.
When leaked fluid comes in contact with your eyes, flush your eyes with clean water. When the fluid contacts with your skin, wash it with salt water.
Get immediate medical attention afterward.
- When the vehicle is flooded, immediately turn the vehicle off and evacuate to a safe place. For your safety we recommend to call the fire station and or visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- When the fire spread to the high voltage battery, the additional fire may occur. In this situation, be sure to accompany a fire truck when the vehicle is being towed.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual