KIA Niro: Lighting controls (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- Tailamps and headlamps will turn ON or OFF automatically depending on the amount of light outside the vehicle.
- Position & Taillamp ( )
- Low beam
The vehicle must be in the ON position to turn on the headlights.
- Never place anything over the sensor located on the instrument panel as this will ensure better auto-light system control.
- Don't clean the sensor using a window cleaner, the cleaner may leave a light film which could interfere with sensor operation.
- If your vehicle has window tint or other types of metallic coating on the front windshield, the Auto light system may not work properly.
Operating turn signals
- Move the lever up or down (A).
If an indicator flash is abnormally quick or slow, a bulb may be burned out or have a poor electrical connection in the circuit.
One-touch lane change function
- Move the turn signal lever up or down (B).
- Release the lever.
- You can activate or deactivate the One Touch Turn Signal function or choose the number of blinking (3, 5, or 7) by selecting "Lights ? One Touch Turn signal" from the Settings menu.
- If an indicator stays on and does not flash or if it flashes abnormally, one of the turn signal bulbs may be burned out and will require replacement.
Operating fog lights (if equipped)
- Turn the front fog light switch (1) to the dedicated position.
- Front: ( )/Rear: ( )
- The headlamp is turned ON.
When in operation, the fog lights consume large amounts of vehicle electrical power. Only use the fog lights when visibility is poor.
Operating high beam
- Push the lever to use high beam.
- Pull the lever towards you to flash the headlights ( ).
Do not use high beam when there are other vehicles. Using high beam could obstruct the other driver's vision.
- If you push the lever away from you,
the lever will return to its original position.
The high beam indicator will light when the headlight high beams are switched on.
- It will return to the normal (low beam) position when released after pulling the lever towards you. The headlight switch does not need to be on to use this flashing feature.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual