KIA Niro: Full LCD cluster (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
The full LCD type cluster provides two themes.
Link to Drive Mode
This is the basic theme of the full LCD type cluster and provides different graphic styles depending on drive mode.
This is set by the user and provides digital display. The background screen changes according to the weather and time.
- Weather: sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, foggy, lightning (7 types)
- Time: night, day, sunrise and sunset (4 types)
You can change the theme by selecting "Vehicle ? Cluster ? Cluster theme" on the menu.
The information is displayed after getting information from a weather information provider via GPS. Depending on conditions of GPS reception, the information may be different from the current weather in your area.
If no information is received via GPS (e.g., not subscribed to Kia Connect service), the weather and time will be displayed as 'sunny' and 'night' on the cluster.
- Never remove the engine coolant reservoir cap when the engine is hot. The engine coolant is under pressure and could severely burn. Wait until the engine is cool before adding coolant to the reservoir.
- Running out of fuel can expose vehicle occupants to danger. You must stop and obtain additional fuel as soon as possible after a low fuel warning light ( ) appears or when the gauge indicator comes close to the "E (0) (Empty)" level.
- For full LCD type cluster (Type B), the information is displayed after getting information from a weather information provider via GPS. Depending on conditions of GPS reception, the information may be different from the current weather in your area. If no information is received via GPS (e.g., not subscribed to Kia Connect service), the weather and time will be displayed as 'sunny' and 'night' on the cluster.
- Be careful while driving as dynamic themed animation effects can distract the driver and lead to unexpected accidents.
- Do not operate the engine within the tachometer's red zone. This may cause severe engine damage.
- According to the hybrid system gauge area, the "EV" indicator comes on or off.
- "EV" indicator ON : Vehicle is driven using the electric motor or the gasoline engine is stopped.
- "EV" indicator OFF : Vehicle is driven using the gasoline engine.
- Never try to start the vehicle if the fuel tank is empty. In this condition, the engine cannot charge the high voltage battery of the hybrid system. If you try to start the vehicle when the fuel is empty, the high voltage battery will become discharged and be damaged.
- The fuel tank capacity is given in "Recommended lubricants and capacities".
- The fuel gauge is supplemented by a low fuel warning light ( ), which will appear when the fuel tank is nearly empty.
- On inclines or curves, the fuel gauge pointer may fluctuate or the low fuel warning light may come on earlier than usual due to the movement of fuel in the tank.
- If the vehicle is not on level ground or the battery power has been interrupted, the distance to empty function may not operate correctly.
- The distance to empty may differ from the actual driving distance as it is an estimate of the available driving distance.
- The trip computer may not register additional fuel if less than 6 liters (1.6 gallons) of fuel are added to the vehicle.
- The fuel economy and distance to empty may vary significantly based on driving conditions, driving habits, and condition of the vehicle.
- Use a clean soft microfiber cloth to gently wipe any finger prints off the screen.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual