KIA Niro: Green Zone Drive Mode for Europe (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
In order to protect the atmospheric environment in urban areas, EV mode is expanded when entering the road inside the green zone based on the navigation information.
Also, EV mode is expanded based on the driving history when departing from home.
Geo-fencing feature expands EV mode in the European-wide (Ultra) Low emission zone. (For Europe/Plug-in hybrid vehicle only)
With the vehicle on, touch Settings ? Eco Vehicle ? Green Zone EV Drive on the instrument cluster, or touch Settings ? Vehicle ? Eco Vehicle ? Green Zone EV Drive on the infotainment system.
Green Zone Drive Mode LCD display
Enable Green Zone Drive Mode when entering green zone in ECO mode.
Green zone registration point
Based on navigation information and driving history.
- Large hospitals
- Registered favorites (Home/Office)
- (Ultra) Low emission zone (For Europe/Plug-in hybrid vehicle only)
A change may occur through regular navigation updates.
Even in the Green Zone, the EV mode driving ability may be reduced or the engine may start in the following situations:
- If the battery charge is low.
- If the engine power is required (acceleration/ climbing/heating/cooling) or engine start is required for driving system operation.
- If Green Zone recognition is not possible due to navigation problems.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual