KIA Niro: Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor Fusion)
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor Fusion) (if equipped)
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist is designed to help detect and monitor the vehicle ahead or help detect pedestrian or cyclist in the roadway and warn the driver that a collision is imminent with a warning message and an audible warning, apply emergency braking.
Front view camera
Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensors.
- Never disassemble the detecting sensor or sensor assembly, or cause any damage to it.
- If the detecting sensors have been
replaced or repaired, have the vehicle
inspected by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Never install any accessories or stickers on the front windshield, or tint the front windshield.
- Pay extreme caution to keep the front view camera dry.
- Never place any reflective objects (for example, white paper, mirror) over the dashboard.
- Do not place any objects near the front windshield or install any accessories on the front windshield. It can affect the performance of the defogging and defrosting function of the climate control system, which may prevent the Driver Assistance systems from operating.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor Fusion) (if equipped)
- Detecting sensor
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist settings
- Warning timing/ Warning volume
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist operation
- Junction Turning function- Kia Niro EV
- Junction Crossing function (if equipped) Kia Niro EV
- Direct Oncoming function (if equipped) Kia Niro EV
- Lane-change side function/ Lane-change oncoming function (Kia Niro EV)
- Evasive Steering Assist function (if equipped) (Kia Niro EV)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist malfunction and limitations
- Limitations of Forward Collision- Avoidance Assist (Kia Niro EV / Hybrid)
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual