KIA Niro: Warning timing/ Warning volume
A: Driving Safety
- Forward Safety Warning Timing
With the vehicle on, touch Settings ? Driver Assistance ? Driving Safety ? Forward Safety Warning Timing on the instrument cluster or Settings ? Vehicle ? Driver Assistance ? Driving Safety ? Forward Safety Warning Timing on the infotainment system to change the initial warning activation timing of Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist.
- Use Normal in normal driving conditions.
If the Warning Timing seems sensitive, change it to Late.
- If Late is selected, Forward Collision- Avoidance Assist, warns the driver more slowly.
A: Driver Assistance
- Warning Volume
- Driving Safety Priority
- Off (If steering wheel vibration function is equipped)
With the vehicle on, touch Settings ? Driver Assistance ? Warning Volume on the instrument cluster or Settings ? Vehicle ? Driver Assistance ? Warning Volume on the infotainment system to change the Warning volume to adjust the Warning volume levels; High, Medium, Low or Off.
If Driving Safety Priority is selected, the audio volume will temporarily decrease to warn the driver with the audible warning for safe driving.
- The setting of the Warning Timing and Warning Volume applies to all functions of Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist.
- Even though Normal is selected for Warning Timing, if the front vehicle suddenly stops, the warning may seem late.
- Select Late for Warning Timing when traffic is light and when driving speed is slow.
- If the vehicle is restarted, Warning timing and Warning volume will maintain the last setting.
- If Off is selected, the Warning volume of Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist will not turn off, but the volume will sound as Low.
- If Off is selected, steering wheel vibration (if equipped) will not turn off.
- If you change the Warning volume, the Warning volume of other Driver Assistance systems may change.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual