KIA Niro: Junction Crossing function (if equipped) Kia Niro EV
Warning and control
The Junction Crossing function is warned and controlled by the following level.
- Collision warning
- Emergency braking
- Stopping vehicle and ending brake control
A: Collision Warning!
Collision warning will alert the driver with a warning message, an audible warning and steering wheel vibration.
Collision warning will be activated in the following conditions.
- Your driving speed: Approximately 10~50 km/h (6~30 mph)
- Crossing vehicle speed: Approximately 10~60 km/h (6~12 mph)
A: Emergency braking
The warning message, an audible warning and the steering wheel will vibrate to warn the driver that emergency braking will be assisted. The brake assist will be activated and it helps avoiding collision of a vehicle.
Emergency braking will be activated in following conditions.
- Your driving speed: Approximately 10~30 km/h (6~19 mph)
- Crossing vehicle speed: Approximately 10~20 km/h (6~12 mph)
Stopping vehicle and ending brake control
A: Drive carefully
When the vehicle is stopped due to emergency braking, the warning message will appear on the cluster.
For your safety, the driver should depress the brake pedal immediately and check the surroundings.
- Brake control will end after the vehicle is stopped by emergency braking for approximately 2 seconds.
If the collision angle with the crossing vehicle is beyond a certain range, Junction Crossing Warning and control may be late or may not operate.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual