KIA Niro: How to connect portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box)
- Connect the plug to a household electric outlet.
- A: Plug
- B: Electric Outlet
- Check if the power lamp (green) appears on the control box.
- Depress the brake pedal and apply the parking brake.
- Turn OFF all switches, shift to P (Park), and turn OFF the vehicle. If charging is initiated without the gear in P (Park), the charging will start after the gear is automatically shifted to P (Park).
- Open the charging door.
For more details, refer to "Charging door".
- Open the protection caps of the charging connector and the charging plug. Check if there are any foreign substances or dust.
- Hold the charging connector handle and connect it to the vehicle charging inlet. Push the connector all the way in. If the charging connector and charging terminal are not connected properly, this may cause a fire.
- Charging starts automatically (charging lamp appears).
- Check if the charging indicator light
( ) of the high voltage battery
instrument cluster is turned ON.
Charging is not active when the charging indicator light ( ) is OFF.
When the charging connector is not connected properly, reconnect the charging cable to charge it again.
- After charging has started, the estimated charging time is displayed on the instrument cluster for about 1 minute.
A: Remaining Time
If you open the driver seat door while charging, the estimated charging time is also displayed on the instrument cluster for about 1 minute. When scheduled charging or scheduled air conditioner/heater is set, the estimated charging time is displayed as "- -".
Checking charging status
When charging the high voltage battery, the charge level can be checked from outside the vehicle.
For more details, refer to "Charge indicator lamp for electric vehicle"
- If you cannot open the charging door due to freezing weather, tap lightly or remove any ice near the charging door. Do not try to forcibly open the charging door.
- Select EV ? setting icon on the
screen ? Charging connector locking
mode in the infotainment system.
The charging connector is locked in the inlet at a different period according to which mode is selected.
- Always lock mode: The connector locks when the charging connector is plugged into the charging inlet.
- Lock while charging mode: The connector locks when charging starts.
For more details, refer to "Charging connector lock"
The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
- Even though charging is possible with the EV button in the ON/START position, for you safety, start charging when the EV button is in the OFF position and the vehicle shifted to P (Park). After charging has started, you can use electrical components such as the radio by pressing the EV button to the START or ON position.
During charging, the gear cannot be shifted from P (Park) to any other gear.
- Depending on the condition and durability of the high voltage battery, charger specifications, and ambient temperature, the time required for charging the battery may vary.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual