KIA Niro: Charging the electric vehicle (Abrupt stop)
Action to be taken when charging stops abruptly
When the high voltage battery does not charge, check the followings:
- Check the charging setting for the vehicle. Refer to "EV settings" (e.g. When scheduled charging is set, charging is not initiated immediately when the AC charger or portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box) is connected.)
- Check the operation status of AC charger, portable charger and DC charger. (Refer to "Charging status")
* Actual method for indicating the charging status may vary in accordance with the charger manufacturer.
- When the vehicle does not charge and
a warning message appears on the
cluster, check the corresponding message.
Refer to "LCD display messages"
- If the vehicle is properly charged when charged with another normally working charger, contact the charger manufacturer.
- If the vehicle does not charge when charged with another normally working charger, we recommend that you contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner for inspection.
- If charging fails and the service warning light ( ) is lit in the cluster, we recommend that you contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual