KIA Niro: Ignition switch (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual / Driving your vehicle / Starting the vehicle / Ignition switch (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
- The ignition key can be removed.
- ACC (Accessory)
- The electrical accessories can be operated.
- The warning lights can be checked.
- Turn the ignition switch to start the engine. The brake warning light can be checked.
- Never turn the ignition switch to LOCK
or ACC while the vehicle is moving.
This would result in loss of directional control and braking function, which could cause an accident.
- Do not attach small purses, multiple keys, or any other heavy accessories to the driver's key chain used to start the vehicle. This may cause the driver to accidentally make the key inserted in the vehicle to change the ignition position to the ACC position while the vehicle is moving thereby increasing the risk of an accident and causing the deactivation of several safety features.
- NEVER reach through the steering wheel for the ignition switch, or any other control, while the vehicle is in motion. The presence of your hand or arm in this area may cause a loss of vehicle control resulting in an accident.
- Do not place movable objects by the driver's seat. Not only does it interfere with driving, but it could also cause an accident.
- To avoid unexpected or sudden vehicle movement, never leave your vehicle if the gear is not locked in the P (Park) position and the parking brake is fully engaged. Before leaving the driver's seat, always make sure the gear is shifted to P (Park) position, set the parking brake fully and shut the engine off.
If you leave the ignition switch to the ACC or ON position for a long time, the battery may discharge.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual