KIA Niro: Intelligent Speed Limit Assist operation
Warning and control
Intelligent Speed Limit Assist is warned and controlled by the following level.
- Displaying speed limit
- Warning overspeed
- Changing set speed
Intelligent Speed Limit Assist warning and control are described based on the Offset adjust to '0'. For details on Offset setting, refer to "Intelligent Speed Limit Assist settings"
Displaying speed limit
Speed limit information is displayed on the instrument cluster.
- If speed limit information of the road cannot be recognized, '---' sign will be displayed. Please refer to "Intelligent Speed Limit Assist malfunction and limitations" if the road signs are difficult to recognize.
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist provides additional road sign information in addition to speed limit. The additional road sign information provided may vary according to your country.
- Supplementary sign displayed under the speed limit or overtaking restriction sign means the conditions under which the signs must be followed. If the supplementary sign is not recognized, it is displayed as blank.
- The images and colors in the instrument cluster may differ depending on the cluster type or theme selected from the settings menu.
When driving at a speed higher than the displayed speed limit, the red speed limit indicator will be indicated.
Changing set speed
Kia NIRO Hybrid
Kia Niro EV
If the speed limit of the road changes during the operation of Manual Speed Limit Assist or Smart Cruise Control, an arrow in the direction of up or down is displayed to inform the driver that the set speed needs to be changed. At this time, the driver can change the set speed according to the speed limit by using the (+) or (-) switch on the steering wheel.
- If the Offset is adjusted over '0', the set speed will change to a higher speed than the speed limit of the road. If you want to drive below the speed limit, adjust the Offset under '0' or use the (-) switch on the steering wheel to lower the set speed.
- Even after changing the set speed according to the speed limit of the road, the vehicle can still be driven over the speed limit. If necessary, depress the brake pedal to reduce your driving speed.
- If the speed limit of the road is under 30 km/h (20 mph), the set speed change function will not work.
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist operates using the speed unit in the instrument cluster set by the driver. If the speed unit is set to a unit other than the speed unit used in your country, Intelligent Speed Limit Assist may not operate properly.
- For more details on Manual Speed Limit Assist operation, refer to "Manual Speed Limit Assist (MSLA)"
- For more details on Smart Cruise Control operation, refer to "Smart Cruise Control (SCC) (if equipped)"
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual